Wednesday, July 7, 2010

CFS Bootcamp Wrap-Up: Train The Trainer Day...

...cue scary music. Today I completely forgot that we were going to have an informal party/awards ceremony/ train the trainers event @ 7pm. So, this morning after training my clients I decided to do the CFS WOD of Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3-3-3. Nothing too crazy, just pick up heavy weight three times. I got up to 435 successfully for three reps and called it good. Then I saddled up and did "Diane" (21-15-9 Deadlift 225 & HSPU) with the 1pm Group WOD'rs. PR is average at 5:09. Today it was a little slower at 6:28. Not too worried because I knew that the pain train was still to come. We had three teams participate in our latest bootcamp challenge- I coached the 6am, Grant had the 5am, and Jessi took the 6pm group. For 8 weeks we pummeled the life out of them. Tonight it was their turn. Each team was given 10 min to throw anything they wanted at us.
The 6am team led off by giving us 10 minutes to complete:

5 Muscle Ups
hold a 2 minute plank
10 Manmakers @ 25lb
hold a 2 min squat
10 Toes to Bar
And with the remaining time...max reps of 135lb Thrusters****Everytime you drop the bar, you have to do 3 burpees. I got 13 Thrusters and did 6 burpees.

The 6pm team gave us a different kind of 10 min time limit WOD called "Jeremy vs Grant": We both had to perform an L-Sit for as long as possible- the loser had to do "Fran". Grant put up a valiant effort and made me work hard to win, but I was able to stay up longer. However, I wasn't about to let him have all the Fran fun w/o me so I did it as well and finished around the Lsit and Fran in about 7-8 minutes.
The nastiness was about to get worse...The 5am team gave us the figurative middle finger by making us lunge 200m with a 25lb bumper plate overhead, perform 10 burpees, run back to the box with the plate and perform 5 Handstand Push Ups. I kept up with Grant on the lunges about halfway and then the HURT started to kick in. Grant pulled away and managed to finish the OH lunges around 30 seconds ahead of me. I made up ground on the burpees and with the run back. When I walked into the gym, Grant was just finishing his 3rd HSPU. I threw myself up against the wall a busted out 5 HSPU reps as fast as I could but finished right around 3-4 seconds after he was done. It has now been around 3 hours since we finished and I'm still feeling shaky from the whole blasted ordeal. I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight (curled up in a fetal position, sucking on a binky, and waking up every two hours crying for my mommy). It was a perfect day to crush myself. It felt

No comments:

Post a Comment